Saturday, February 22, 2014

Maine Geology Timeline

I tend to write blog posts in the order I become interested in them.  I may include how long ago events occurred, but when you're dealing with hundreds of millions of years, things get a little abstract. Today I decided to present the information of my blog in timeline form.  Using a web tool at knightlab.com, I created this.  There are some limitations in the software - primarily, the timeline tool does not go back in time to millions of years ago, so I did some messing around with dates to make it work.  Try clicking the arrows on the slides or clicking around the timeline itself to navigate Maine geologic history.  Also, click the links on the slides to find more about each event and how it shows up in the Maine landscape.  Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment